Terms and conditions
- Total payment due on completion of works unless otherwise agreed with the client or a pre-arranged payment plan is agreed prior to the commencement date such as being paid on a weekly basis.
- Late payment fees will be incurred for any late payments as follows –
- 7 days late after completion of works – £50 inclusive of VAT.
- Any additional days after – £10 per day inclusive of VAT.
- All work is guaranteed for a standard 12 week period unless otherwise specified.
- All plaster, but the sand and cement compositions in particular, shrink as drying-out occurs which will on occasion result in hairline cracks, the severity of shrinkage cracks will vary according to the background materials. Any hairline cracks that appear should be filled with a suitable grade filler. In most cases shrinkage cracks can be kept to a minimum, or completely avoided, if the new plaster is allowed to dry out and cure slowly. To this end we strongly recommend that for the first few weeks after the new plaster has been applied that heating and ventilation are kept to a minimum. B&D Plastering cannot be held responsible if any hair line cracks appear as this is simply the nature of the materials and should be raked out and filled by the client or Painter/decorator.
- Any over-skimming work, for example over-skimming artex ceilings is done so at the clients risk. There is a risk that the fresh plaster may not bind sufficiently to the ceiling surface. If client chooses to risk over-skimming and it fails, then payment for the quoted works will still be due. B&D Plastering can provide quotations for over-boarding existing ceiling if it is deemed suitable. Alternatively the existing ceiling surface may need to be taken down and then new plaster boards fixed directly to the ceiling joists with suitable drywall screws.
- After the client has confirmed that they wish to proceed with the quoted works and commencement dates for the works have been agreed between B&D Plastering and the client – then cancellation fees will apply. Cancellation fees will be incurred for any cancelations as follows –
- 30 days up to 14 days prior to the agreed commencement date – 10% of agreed quoted works payable within 7 days of cancelation.
- 13 days up to 7 days prior to the agreed commencement date – 20% of agreed quoted works payable within 7 days of cancelation.
- 6 days up to the agreed commencement date – 50% of agreed quoted works payable within 7 days of cancelation.
- If client decides to cancel any booked in works, then late payment fees will be incurred at the same rates as the late payment fees for completed works described above.
- Plastering, damp proofing works and related building works can result in accidental damage. B&D Plastering cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur due to poor workmanship from previous work carried out in the property. Examples of poor workmanship would be electric cables / water pipes etc. that have been fitted poorly – such as too low through the ceiling joists. Sometimes electric cables / water pipes are either not covered sufficiently with protection such as plastic capping, or they run across the wall diagonally or in areas where you wouldn’t expect them to be.
- Day rate – an agreed labour rate will be agreed between B&D Plastering and the client prior to any works commencing. Our working hours will be between the hours of 8AM-4.30PM. 35 hours per week minimum. Working hours will include time spent at any builders merchant picking up materials. Materials will be an additional cost to the client payable at the same time as any labour costs. Any materials receipts will be available for the client to view, and will be reimbursed plus a 10% carriage charge. The carriage charge is there to cover additional fuel needed for driving back and forth to builders merchants and for wear and tear of the van due to carriage of heavy materials needed for project completion. Alternatively, the client can source, arrange and collect materials themselves or have them delivered to site but we would need all materials readily available on site when required. If additional materials are needed and we need to leave the site to go and collect materials then any materials purchased would be charged to the client with an additional 10% carriage fee on top. Labour and material costs to be reimbursed on a weekly basis after invoice is sent over, unless otherwise agreed prior to the commencement date of works.
Black mortar and general plastering work dust – On any job removing the original lathe and plaster, it will involve removing the wooden lathes and the backing plaster attached to the lathes which is called black mortar. When the black mortar drops to the floor, inevitably a lot of black dust enters the atmosphere and travels. Although we can take steps to minimize the black dust travelling around the property when removing any lathe and plaster, unfortunately, it is inevitable that some of the dust will still make its way around the property and settle on surfaces. On larger jobs we can use a dust extractor and open up any windows. Dust also gets out of the room when you are going in and out of the door entering and leaving the room that you’re working in. Although we can take sensible steps to reduce the mess caused by black mortar and general work dust, B&D Plastering cannot guarantee that any black mortar / work dust won’t show face in other areas of your home and we cannot be held responsible if any cleaning needs to be carried out elsewhere in your property.
Carpets and hard floors – The client has the option to remove any carpet / lino / laminate / hard flooring etc. prior to any work being started to completely prevent any damage or staining during the process of any works carried out by B&D Plastering. If client chooses to leave any type of flooring in-situ in any of the areas that will be accessed by B&D Plastering workers during the process of the works, then that is done so at entirely the clients risk. If client chooses to leave down any type of flooring, B&D Plastering will take sensible precautionary steps to minimize the risk of any staining and damage, however, we cannot be held responsible for any staining or damage that may occur during the process of any works.
At B&D Plastering, we have built our reputation on providing clients with an unparallel service built around recommendation and word of mouth. From our specialist damp proofing to our condensation prevention services and plastering services to commercial projects, we always provide an outstanding service on budget and on time each and every time.